WPM is seeking a seasoned Service Manager for downtown Baltimore. The Service Manager leads a team which completes daily maintenance operations for one property or a portfolio of properties. Manager will be responsible for supervising staff, scheduling contractors, managing work orders and resident concerns
- Manages a system for effectively handling service requests ensuring the maintenance team responds within 24 hours of the initial call.
- Generates the Entrata maintenance work order report daily to track all open work order tickets. Schedules and assigns work orders for maintenance teams, tracking completion and labor/material costs.
- Schedules appointments with residents to respect their time and privacy.
- Leads maintenance team in diagnosis and repair in areas including HVAC, Heat Pump, Electrical, Plumbing, Small/Large appliance, Carpentry, Drywall, flooring, general maintenance, unit turnover, and exterior structural.
- Creates crew schedules and updates work order request systems, generating work orders throughout each day to direct service teams. Creates a 24-hour on-call schedule for the maintenance department.
- Hire, train, motivate, coach, develop, supervise, and terminate staff in order to achieve the operational goals of the property within company polices and guidelines.
- Conducts property inspections regularly, identifying all interior and exterior work to be completed, generates work orders to track completion.
- Immediately notifies management of maintenance issues and recommends resolution.
- Keeps Property Manager up to date regarding status of all repairs and maintenance.
- Works with Property or Assistant Property Manager in scheduling the make-ready maintenance of all vacant apartments.
- Manages move-in and move-outs processes including ensuring all locks are re-keyed, conducting pre-move out inspections.
- Assigns staff to complete tasks to make units ready for occupancy and inspects units prior to move-in.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts, as well as prepare site maps.
- Schedules and executes routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Organizes maintenance shop, keeping inventory of supplies and equipment according to the established OSHA standards.
- Establishes or follows cost effective methods of ordering supplies, maximizing value for the price.
- Ensure any/all storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Recommends contract services and ensures that contracted maintenance is completed in accordance with the contract and quality standards, inspecting work before signing off on work order or invoice.
- Directs staff engaged in the general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows and inspects/monitors progress. Leads completion of outdoor grounds maintenance, including daily removal and disposal of trash. Develops plan for snow removal.
- Acts as role model for Service and Site Technicians by following all company procedures and presenting an appearance appropriate for the image of the property.
- Conducts and schedules regular morning meetings and reviews safety topics.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- HVAC certification
- CAM-T preferred.
- Demonstrated plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills required.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety rules and regulation.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate in writing, drafting performance reviews and responding to emails.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with residents and staff.
- Superior customer service skills with ability to respond to clients with diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and computer applications.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to different cultures.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Five years’ experience in commercial or industrial setting
- Experience supervising a team, including acting as a role model for others, selecting and training new staff, providing mentoring and coaching to junior staff to develop professionally.