Sage Management, LLC is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with Excel savvy to join our Operations team as our Asset Management Analyst. Reporting to the Asset Manager, the Asset Management Analyst will be involved with all facets of property analysis and will be responsible for portfolio reporting and forecasting. The position will perform analyses of managed assets and will support the Asset Manager in serving as a liaison between the Asset Management, Property Management, Leasing, and Accounting teams.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create, maintain, and improve financial modeling in Excel including cash flow, and lease analysis
- Weekly preparation of reports for KPI
- Analyzing and assembling monthly analysis of tenant activity reports
- Analyzing and assembling quarterly bonuses
- Update internal reforecast models monthly/quarterly.
- Prepare monthly/distribution calculations and forecasting of cash balances.
- Aggregates materials from internal divisions (property management and accounting) for monthly/quarterly reporting
- Provide analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including monitoring investment performance, financial analysis and tracking capital improvement progress
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly asset valuations and annual budgets for each asset within the portfolio
- Completes monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analysis
- Analyzes and maintains financial data and operating reports against budgets, underwriting and other financial benchmarks
- Tracks market transaction activity and updates company pipeline for internal and external purposes
- Assist in preparing materials for investors
- Takes a key role in drafting of internal and external memoranda and other presentation materials regarding the company and its investment activities
- Handle miscellaneous tasks that relate to the asset such as site support.
- Provide support for any purchase or sale of assets
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Mathematics, Accounting or Economics
- Team player, who works well with others, is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product
- Strong business acumen with good quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft office programs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of property management, real estate, financial principles and financial statements. The ability to utilize this knowledge to recognize and frame a problem, assess the problem through quantitative analysis, and providing the Asset Manager with a solution.
- Superior proficiency in Excel with the ability to create and manipulate financial models, improve existing models, strong use of functions and graphs.
- Motivated and detailed self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy within deadline required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with individuals at all levels of responsibility
- Ability to identify opportunities and risks that could adversely affect investments and recommend solutions
- Ability to collaborate with other departments to meet daily, weekly, monthly, yearly goals.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and continuously perform the essential job functions
- Strong organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, simultaneous projects
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
- Knowledge of Yardi is a plus