The Housekeeper reports to the Property Manager under the supervision of the Service Manager and cleans vacant apartments and common areas. The Housekeeper details each unit by doing cleaning “touch-ups” to help make units ready for showing to prospective residents; also cleans other facilities on the property including the property office, laundry rooms, model units, the fitness center, the club house and public restrooms.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receives daily assignments of units to clean and gathers the necessary supplies for transport to each assigned unit.
• Cleans vacant apartment thoroughly including, but not limited to, disinfecting appliances and bathrooms, soaking light fixtures, mopping floors, and cleaning all woodwork, appliances, and windows.
• May complete checklist to verify that all aspects of an apartment are clean.
• Inspects an apartment after completion for any items requiring additional cleaning.
• Cleans model apartments to ensure neatness, cleanliness and ready for prospective residents.
• Cleans other property facilities including the office, laundry rooms, fitness center, and club house as scheduled and as needed.
• Cleans public restrooms on the property as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• Skill and ability to clean apartments and facilities according to standardized procedures required.
• Ability to perform physically demanding activities in fast-paced environment, including carrying cleaning supplies up and down stairs.
• Housekeeping, custodial and/or janitorial experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to understand and follow detailed directions in English
• Ability to read and understand cleaning instructions
• Ability to differentiate between various cleaning products and uses
• Knowledge of household cleaning methods
• Ability to communicate with property management, staff and residents
• Ability to endure strong physical demands consistently throughout the course of the day
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk; use hands and fingers to control objects; reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb stairs and ladders; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; talk and hear.
• The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 35 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
• While performing the duties of this job the employee normally works primarily in an indoor environment with frequent exposure to dust and dirt, occasional exposure to noxious fumes from cleaning chemicals, and occasionally works in an outdoor environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace